Thursday, November 3, 2016

CUBS WIN CUBS WIN!!!

Our Chicago Cubs did it!!  They broke the longest drought in baseball history!  Our city is beyond ecstatic!  It was definitely the most nerve wrecking game I have ever witnessed in my life.  So many highs and lows.  Even if you weren't a fan of both teams, you can't deny the way they played the game.  Commentators were split down the middle on who might win game 7.  Little did they know, their predictions were almost on point.  This series could have went either way.  Both teams were talented and driven.  I'm not a sports analyst but it was obvious these two teams were the best.  They gave everyone a run for their money.
Even though I referred back to my earlier posts on the sense of entitlement, looking back, I could see the ambition on the Cleveland Indians.  They were not going to let us win by no means necessary.  They beat us pretty bad in our own stadium back to back.  Our morale was down all weekend.  The comeback on game 5 gave us an ounce of hope that Cub fans needed to continue our support.  We felt as though our chances of winning the series was slipping through our fingers  .  Very few people were optimistic after our terrible losses, but then there was the love and dedication of some fans who reminded us the series was not over yet.  The infamous Cubs curse would follow us for so many years, we got use to hearing our team would never make it to the World Series.  Funny how words could impact us, but then again, isn't that the case in our everyday lives?  Words can make you or break you depending on your level of confidence.  Experiences can make you or break you as well , but in the end, your level of perseverance is what matters most in life.  The many times you get back up is what counts in the end.
Life will throw you so many out of context situations, sometimes you think the world is working against you.  I've heard so many tragic stories in my lifetime.  Some of them would break your heart.  In no way are they suppose to teach you anything except that sometimes shit happens.  We might look around for answers, especially if it's something that has hurt us for no apparent reason.  Yet the answer is always the same.  Shit happens. 
During the last week in September, I had to attend an event that happened unexpected.  Details were so last minute, I didn't even know what I was attending.  At first, the details were sketchy, but in most private matters, I had to learn not to ask any questions that weren't mine to ask.  All I knew was that I was being asked to attend by someone who I considered to be an outstanding individual.  You can't prepare for things like this.  You can only do what your part in intended to do.  I couldn't pass up my opportunity to do show my loyalty and gratitude.
In the end, I look back at that night and realize how much my friend is loved.  I can't help but compare that to the win of the World Series.  I'm not sure if us Chicagoans were prepared to feel what we felt last night, but we did it.  It's one of the best moments I wish everyone could feel once in their lifetime.  We all deserve this type of happiness!  The same goes for those unexpected moments we will experience in our lifetime.  I wish everyone could be surrounded by the people you love and know, they got your back, no matter what you're going through.  It is truly priceless...



I wore a short one sleeved dress and tights for my unexpected evening.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE this chair!!  It's so divine!


Selfie time...

Good times with friends and family...

Afterwards, I caught up with my friend at La Mez.  90s music is always a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment