Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Feeling like a Stuffed Turkey

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!  I had 3 major dinners last week and I'm still eating leftovers from each one!  lol.  Needless to say, I feel blessed I have a full fridge during this rainy week, but now I am determined than ever to go on a holiday detox.  I hate the feeling of wearing tight pants.  No matter what anyone says, YOU KNOW when the weight gain starts settling in.  hahaha!
Back in October, our good friend moved out to Grosse Point Michigan.  We miss her very much, so during her move, we decided to take a road trip two weeks after she settled in her new home.  We figured we would visit her sooner than later before the holidays crept up.  Luckily we had a smooth drive out there and enjoyed the changing colors of autumn along the way.
We ended up in Grosse Point later than we had anticipated.  We wanted to drive out early in the morning so we could enjoy more of the day, but of course that did not happen.  We're late for EVERYTHING, so this was no exception.  We arrived after 6pm and luckily while it was still light outside.  Our friend gave us a grand tour of her new home and we went for a stroll in her neighborhood. 
By the time we got back to her place, we were aware the Cubs game was going to be on soon.  The Cubs were playing the Dodgers to see who would go to the World Series.  I promised my brothers I would watch a Cubs game once they ever made it to the World Series, but here we were, about to clinch that opportunity of a lifetime!  We decided to go watch it at a family friendly restaurant so we could have dinner as well.  We made our way to downtown Grosse Point and settled in Luxe Bar and Grill where we munched on mahi tacos and salmon salad. 
Well by now you already know we won the World Series.  lol.  That night we clenched the National League Championship.  It was a wonderful night for us, even though we were celebrating out in Michigan instead.  We finished up our celebration back at their home where we played 90s hip hop songs and danced around.  That's what I love about my friends.  We can make a party anywhere.
I am looking forward to the holidays.  It gives you the opportunity to see family and friends you haven't seen in a while and to make new memories.  I can't wait!



Filters with the baby! 

My safe drink- a margarita on the rocks with salt of course...

The night the Cubs clenched the National League Championship!

A future Cubs fan!  hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment