Friday, July 15, 2016

Suburban birthday party!

Last Sunday I attended my friend's son's birthday party out in Skokie.  They had him baptized a month earlier.  I know it was pretty stressful for my friend to plan two parties so close together, but what can you do?  It's fun to enjoy some of our summer, and as usual, me and my friends had a good time catching up with one another.  I made sure I brought along my appetite!  They hired a taco stand with cooks preparing our customized tacos!  Yummy!!


Despite yesterday's terrorism attack in Nice France, I've grown to realize the importance of spending quality time with my friends.  I care for them so deeply.  I've always said they are my 2nd family.  My friend in Italy was pretty upset.  I promised her I was going to give her as well as my friends and family here in the States all the information I had on my upcoming trip; from hotel reservations to transportation information.  I will even print out my itinerary.  I refuse to live in fear and have to trust my gut that things will be ok.  Our world is changing around us and we need to adjust to our surroundings. 
What precautions have you taken since our frequent terrorism attacks?  Have you changed the way you do things?  View things?

He seemed to enjoy his personalized birthday cake!



Mickey Mouse themed!






A polaroid photo for keepsake!  Loved the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment