Thursday, July 14, 2016

Dirty South Saturday...

Earlier last week I saw that one of my favorite djs was going to be at The Mid.  I bought a ticket right away.  I haven't been out to hear some good dance music in months.  Lollapalooza is coming up, but I wanted to hear some familiar sounds.  I was surprised one of my friends called me up to see what I was doing.  She agreed to come with me (which was nice).  A lot of my friends have settled down with boyfriends/ husbands or  kids/families.  I am the last one of the bunch, but to clarify, I was the one who had the longest relationship out of all of them.  My ex boyfriend had two beautiful girls from a previous marriage, and for a while, we were all a happy family.  But things changed...


I was relieved to see what Jennifer Aniston wrote in the Huffington Post.  I DO feel bad for her because she has had a lot of press about her relationships in the past.  I cannot imagine being the most recognizable woman in the world and everyone knowing all of the details of your marriage/ divorce/ health/ family affairs, etc.  I know I do sometimes post personal stuff about my life, but for the most part, I'm pretty vague about what goes on behind closed doors.  The reason I started this blog was because I wanted to share my story on starting over and Life in general.  You get to a certain point when you realize it's not what you thought it would be, and that can play tricks with your head.  I appreciate her sharing her story on being fed up about the constant scrutiny and I feel that happens in my life as well.  For the record, Life has unexpected twists and turns.  I am coming to terms with my recent birthday passing that I may not end up like the rest of my friends, but that's ok.  I am constantly reminded by my faith to trust my journey.  For the most part, I can see the looks I get from peers, family members, and even strangers that I'm not freaking out about not being married with kids.  I have my good days and bad days on the issue, but I know first hand from experience how much work is involved trying to co-habit in a living situation, especially when children are involved.  It's not for everyone.  That is the reason why I believe the divorce rate is high.  People check out.


In the meantime, I know what works for me now in my life.  Sometimes it's going to an art show at the Art Institute, or checking out one of my favorite singers at a concert.  Or traveling to an unknown city and discovering it's beauty.  Last Saturday, it was dancing in a club to a good looking dj!  We had a good time catching up at the Dawson and then later on at the Mid.  We were having such a good time, guys wouldn't leave us alone!  It's nice to know I still got it....

Cocktails at The Dawson
I had the Willis Tower cocktail 

Bathroom selfie at The Mid...
 As close as I can get to Dirty South

No comments:

Post a Comment