Friday, July 8, 2016

Happy birthday America...

Last weekend was July 4th weekend.  For the most part, I had a nice time off spending it with friends.  I would have never guessed the week we all experienced as an American.  What we have witnessed via internet has caused a tremendous amount of outrage throughout the world.  What was suppose to be a peaceful protest turned into an ambush of blood and death.  I am at a loss for words.
Terrorism and racism has been the subject for hundreds of years.  We've read throughout the horrors of history on how hate has caused genocide, war, and a loss of civilian lives.  What's staggering to me is that it's 2016 and we've come back to a full circle.  There has been no progression whatsoever, and even though we are taught that in our culture, everyone is welcomed and free to express who they are in our country, there has always been backlash that comes along with it.  The roots of racism has been passed down too far along.  There seems to be no means to an end.
I am saddened to hear so much chaos in all parts of the world.  It's an uneasy feeling when others are aware on what's going on, but are not willing to help.  Whether it's countries hiding genocide, or police men standing by murdering police men, no one is stepping in or speaking out about these crimes.  Have we gotten so use to the fact that these incidents are just a part of life?  What has happened to us along the way?
I had remembered Princess Diana soon after the holiday.  Her birthday had passed on July 1st, and she was brought up again on social media.  I cannot name anyone who has touched so many people since her passing.  She was a beautiful woman who truly loved people, regardless of their circumstances.  From her countless charity work, she would give her undivided attention to the hopeless.  Her smile was contagious.  I miss her dearly.
If we could only learn by example how harmless it is being gracious with one another?  To love and cherish every human being!  To learn from one another our differences!  It seems so hopeless with all of the destructiveness going on in the world.  I am fearing our lives on what it has become at this point.  Have we made it to the point of no return?  Are we going to continue living like this until we are all wiped out?  Is this how it ends, people turning against people? 
I cherish the memories I made last weekend.  I made it to Chicago SummerDance on Friday after work.  It was the start of a three day holiday, and the city was crowded with tourists.  I was excited to meet up with my friends because we knew we were going to have a good time.  Mickey Mixin Oliver was headlining the event.  He was at the Hot Mix 5 event I went to a few weeks back.  More house music to dance to.  We had so much fun that day!  I loved watching people walk over to the sound of the music.  Some had no idea what was going on until they started to dance themselves.  What a moment to be carefree!
The next day I met up with some friends to watch the Italy vs Germany soccer game.  This was a big one, with Germany winning by penalty.  My friend in Italy was messaging me at the same time.  I felt bad Italy lost since she mentioned the whole town was watching this game.  There went their Saturday night...
The next day was Sunday, which I assumed even thought technically it was the 3rd that people would be shooting off fireworks.  My friends held a bbq at their place.  We laughed and told stories while the neighbors shot off fireworks.  I had a joyous holiday!
Since the 4th fell on a Monday, I ran my errands then.  I did not expect so many fireworks being shot off that night.  I had to get up early the next day for work, but I know better now.  I ended my night talking to my mom and checking up with her.
Then the rest of the week happened.
Today is Friday, and I am glad this work week is over.  I am going to tune out social media as well as the news for the rest of the weekend.  I just want to see my friends and check up on them.  I want to love the people in my life for now.  Until next post.  Take care and be safe and don't forget to love...

Chicago SummerDance!


It drew a good crowd...

Yes we are proud house heads.  lol



Mickey Mixin Oliver

I wanted to practice my self stick skills before I go on vacation...

Feeling patriotic...

Veggie and fruit salad at the bbq. 

No comments:

Post a Comment