Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hall & Oates!

Since I'm still technically sick (actually I think it's mostly allergies since I'm dealing with my nose now) I've been laying low.  Last week I slowly started my workouts again but I took it easy at the gym.  I'm a fanatic when it comes to my workouts, but this cough was kicking my butt.  Like I mentioned before, it's not easy being sick in the summer!
I wanted to have a relaxing weekend to myself since last weekend was kind of hectic.  But to my surprise, my brother got me Hall & Oates tickets for us as a belated birthday gift.  Unfortunately, the concert was being held in Tinley Park which is almost the same route as heading back to Indiana!  UGH!!  Not again!  I had to make arrangements at work so I could leave before the Friday rush hour traffic hit.
To make matters worse, that day the temperature reached 91 degrees!  I found out at the last minute before heading out that we had lawn tickets too!  I was a little upset, but I figured the concert would start around 7pm.  The sun shouldn't be beating down on us around that time. 
We got to Tinley a little after 6pm.  We decided to fill up our gas tank since gas is known to be cheaper out in the burbs.  Parking and making our way in took us a minute, but then we had some time to kill.  I knew I wanted to lay out our blankets soon since I didn't want to be placed too far out from the stage.  We lucked out, but once we settled in, we took turns going back and forth to the washroom and getting drinks. 
Finally the show began, and with two opening acts, Hall & Oates made their way to the stage in front of a sold out audience!  Me and my brother had a blast since they're one of our favorite bands from the 80s.  People couldn't help but get up and dance!  I realize now what a wonderful time I had!  I loved my birthday gift...    

Good time with the bro!

I'm practicing using my selfie stick for my upcoming trip...

Lawn seats


Hall and Oates were amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment