Wednesday, July 13, 2016

London House!


After the devastating news that surrounded us last week, I was grateful my friends wanted to meet up for drinks.  I've been very sensitive lately, and I knew in my heart I wanted to see familiar faces.  My friends are definitely the close family I wish I had.  They know how to make me feel better.  I'm nervous about my upcoming trip, and getting together was just what I needed.
I made my way down there before anyone else.  I noticed there was a pretty intense line.  I figured I would wait it out until my friends arrived.  If the line wouldn't move up much, I would assume we would go somewhere else.  Don't get me wrong, people did leave.  I understand not wanting to wait 45 minutes to get inside a venue.  But the host insisted it would be worth the wait, and she was right!
I finally walked in and I fell in love!  What a beautiful view!  People couldn't help themselves with their selfie posts.  My friends were finally on their way and I gave them a heads up.  I made some new friends myself waiting in line and we all walked over to the bar.  This place gave us a rush.  We were living for the moment!
I had a wonderful night with everyone.  It made me love my friends even more.  I wish I can keep everyone close to me, but I know deep down that's impossible.  No matter where our paths lead us, they will always be in my heart.  I wish things would get better in our world.  I've never felt an uncertainty about where things are going in this lifetime than I do now.  I will never give up on wanting a better life for ourselves, free of hate and violence.  It's moments like these that make it feel possible for peace...
London House!


It's gorgeous at night!

Couldn't help myself for a selfie...

Seafood platter...


My new friends.  They're from Guatemala!



What I wore to London House.  My shoes are new from Stuart Weitzman...

They made it!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment