Wednesday, May 4, 2016

MOTHER'S DAY IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!

Just a friendly reminder!  I can't believe Mother's Day is THIS Sunday.  This year is moving too quickly for me.  Regardless, I spent some time with my mom last week on Monday.  Her schedule has been difficult lately due to her days off being split up.  It's hard for her to rest and run her errands.  Usually she has two consecutive days off but lately that hasn't been the case.  Me and my brothers haven't had dinner with her in weeks because of it.  Once she told me about her upcoming doctor's appointment, I made up my mind to accompany her so we can at least share the afternoon together. 
The weather worked out for us that day.  We decided to have lunch after her appointment, and I'm glad we did.  It gave us a chance to relax and unwind.  Since I haven't seen her weeks, I was surprised to find out at the doctor's office that she had lost so much weight.  I've been worried about her lately.  She's been anxious and I'm trying to pinpoint why.  I know she's counting down to the days of her retirement, but I want her to not get so worked up by things.  I feel she stresses herself out way too much. 
We had lunch at Beatrix in Streeterville and I loved it!  I ordered the warm pot roast sandwich with caramelized onions and my mom had the spring pea soup.  I insisted she ordered something with it, but unfortunately, her nerves were working against her that day.  At least she did enjoy her soup.  Back at the doctor's office they had her fill out a questionnaire about her symptoms and there was a section on her mental health.  It threw me off because I felt it was so unfair.  I know my mom has suffered a lot these past few years with her husband being sick, diagnosed, and then his passing.  I wish life would give her a break sometimes.  I still believe she will be fine, mostly because of the type of relationship she had with her husband.  Whether she knows it or not, she's a very tough woman.  She just has fragile emotions...



DELISH!!

My mom thought her soup was very freshly made...

No comments:

Post a Comment