Thursday, May 5, 2016

It's Taurus Season...

Looks like this weekend might turn out better than last weekend.  We had non stop rain!  At first I didn't mind because I got a chance to do laundry and clean up the apartment.  But then anxiety kicked in.  I was invited to a birthday party at Drumbar that Saturday, but wasn't sure if I would make it out or not.  Normally I would pass on crappy weather, but since I was cooped up in the house all day, I gave a second thought.  Eventually it DID stop raining after 10pm, so I quickly got ready and ordered my uber. 
That turned out to a huge ordeal.  First off, my friend had received some bad news and started a chain text.  I felt bad for her, and sent out my prayers.  Then my uber never showed up and wouldn't pick up my calls or text me back.  I cancelled after 15 minutes then ordered another one.  Luckily, this one showed up and off we went.  He jumped on the expressway, and the next thing you know, all traffic came to a complete stop.  We looked around to see what had happened and that's when we heard the sirens coming towards us.  It was a two car accident, and the fire trucks ended up parking their trucks right in front of us!  We were blocked.  After a few minutes, a fire fighter started to direct traffic and we continued towards downtown.  At this point my anxiety was working overtime.  I felt I made a huge mistake and the universe was telling me I should have stayed home.  Regardless, we made it to Drumbar safely, but I vowed not to stay out late.
Once inside, I found the party and ordered my drink right away.  I needed to calm down.  I found some friends and the birthday boy, so that made things a little better.  I didn't get to enjoy the party till much later.  At least the birthday boy had fun.  As for me, I might have to pay attention to the universe a little more closely next time.




What I wore to the party.  I haven't really shopped for clothes in a while.  Had to try on a bunch of stuff before I settled on this Zara dress.  I've had it for over 10 years! 
Despite the non stop rain, people made it out...
The birthday boy and friend.  It's Taurus Season!
I've known them for over 10 years!
Fancy cocktail but it was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment