Friday, May 20, 2016

It's playtime!

Last weekend I was surrounded by babies, kids, and more babies!  It wasn't planned that way originally.  I had received a birthday invitation for Sunday about a week ago, so I knew about that one first.  The rest came up last minute.  I was invited to a party to celebrate a holy communion on Saturday, and then my friend out of no where asked me to come by and hangout with her and her newborn on Friday.  Funny how that all came about!
First up, my visit to see my friend and her baby.  I felt bad because I originally mentioned that I was going to check up on them every week to see if they needed anything.  Not what happened at all!  In my defense, the weather was sometimes crappy on Fridays, so I would go straight home after work.  We had a lot of rain, but it looks like things are finally looking up.  Memorial weekend is right around the corner and I think we're rain-free for the next couple of days.  YAY!
I loved interacting with my friend and the baby.  It makes me see how precious these moments are when they are still little and sleeping a lot.  He's 2 1/2 months old now and is getting so big!  He's very aware of his surroundings and his mother and loves to smile.  She's in love! 
The next day I made my way over to my other friend's house to celebrate her daughter's holy communion.  Here we had a variety of kids, ranging from 1-8 years old.  It was a house party filled with family and friends.  Since it was last minute invitation, I got her a gift card.  I had no idea what to give her!  If anyone is open to suggestions on what to get an 8 year old girl celebrating a milestone like this, please comment!!  I was stuck and felt bad getting her something so impersonal.  I hope she makes use of it regardless, but I know I could have made it more thoughtful.  Oh well.
Then on Sunday I went to my OTHER friend's party.  Her twin babies were celebrating their 1st birthday and that was held at her sister's house.  It was a Hello Kitty theme and it was big!  There were so many kids at that party.  Because of that they had to think of ways to keep them busy.  We played Hello Kitty games, ate Hello Kitty ice cream cake, and even had a Hello Kitty giveaway bucket full of goodies!  It was fun for everyone!  I enjoyed catching up with my friends who are moms.  Their kids keep them busy but at least with parties like these, we can still hangout with one another and see how we're holding up.  As much as it was a surprise that my weekend was filled with kid activities, I had a blast!
During my visit he was sleeping most of the time.  Luckily I got a chance to hold him when he woke up...

The next day celebrating her Holy communion...

What an awesome cake!


I've known these sisters for 15 years!

Wore a simple cardigan and matched up my boots and wristlet.  It was cold that day...


Time for the Hello Kitty birthday bash!!

Personalized water bottles

Check out that dessert table! 

Red velvet cupcakes...

Gathering up the kids to play games...

Time to play pin the bow on Hello Kitty!

The kids put together a puzzle...

Yes there was a Hello Kitty piñata!  lol


Hello Kitty ice cream cake for the twins!  Of course they had to get two for the both of them...

Time to sing Happy Birthday!

They loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment