Tuesday, July 28, 2015

February in a nutshell...

I'm finally re-capping February, and in a nutshell, it was the most difficult month to share.  My mother's husband was sleeping more than usual, but his body was undergoing changes that was hard to grasp.  I kept low key for the most part.  My real dad had a family dinner at his house for my brother's birthday.  It was nice being able to see my dad and his wife.  My brother appreciated the gesture considering everything that was happening to my mom.


Check out my brother's smile!  He loved his birthday dinner...
 
 
 Puting on a brave face at Kincades for Fat Tuesday

 
The following week my friend gathered up a small group to celebrate Fat Tuesday.  It was freezing that day but that didn't stop us from having a drink to catch up.  By this time, the mayoral election was the talk of the town in Chicago.  It definitely helped to step out for a bit to clear my mind up.  I was super tensed by this point.  The following week on Monday my mother's husband passed away.  My mom noticed that his breathing was changing, so she called her brother and his wife to come by for support.  Once they showed up he stopped breathing.  I was coming home from work myself when my aunt called me to tell me what was happening.  It was a chain reaction.  I called my brothers and we all headed over to my mother's.  I truly believed God was with us that day.  He knew my mother couldn't handle being alone when he passed.  For that I'm forever grateful in love and prayer.  He brought us there to console her.  He brought my family together...





No comments:

Post a Comment