Thursday, July 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday to the longest month of the year...

I hate January.  From Thanksgiving on life is a fast paced ride all the way to New Year's Eve. In January, it's another story.  Time stops.  It drags.  Everyone's broke.  And in Chicago, the weather is brutal. 
I DID have some little events going on to keep me occupied on what was going on with my family.  My mom's husband was sleeping a lot lately.  Whenever I stopped by to visit, he would be knocked out in the living room.  They set up his hospital bed there since there was more room to install it.  Me and my mom would talk quietly in the dining room.  But she was drained.  There was nothing TO do in that house but sleep.  She would turn in early herself. 
One of my friends had a little party at a Logan Square Bar called East Room.  It's funny because we all wore our down filled coats since it was freezing outside, not knowing they did not have a coat check!  I hate lugging around a fat coat.  We made the most of it and caught up with one another from the holidays.  I was already tired of wearing dark colors so I opted for my white jeggings.  Sometimes you have to break out of the winter rut.
The following weekend I was invited to another birthday party at Y Bar lounge in River North.  They were celebrating 3 birthday parties at once and the girls all wore white for their day.  I wore a sweater dress and paired it over my faux leather leggings.  Since we didn't have so much snow yet in the beginning of the year, I wore my patent leather pumps out.  I need to get another pair for these brutal winters.  They are the reasonable choice if you don't want to ruin a good pair of pumps.  All you have to do is wipe off the snow!  Believe it or not, the club was packed!  I love the fact that Chicagoans make it out regardless of the weather conditions.  I had fun that night.
Then the following weekend my little cousin turned 8 years old.  Despite just family being there, he enjoyed being pampered on his big day.  Birthdays should be special no matter what time of year it lands on, but I can see how winter birthdays can be conflicting.  Luckily he had a blast!
Celebrating at the East Room in Logan Square

Birthday girl!

I layered out for this night out...

The 3 birthday girls wore white!

My little cousin counting his candles...

Time for some cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment