Friday, July 24, 2015

End of month closing

I can't believe July is coming to a close.  I swear time travels quicker than before.  I'm always amazed at the change of events that happen in such a short amount of time.  I can't imagine what my mom must feel like.
Back in January, it was apparent that time was ticking against us with my mom's husband.  He was sleeping longer.  He was barely awake at times.  His tumor was peeping out of his nose.  He was getting very thin.  At times my mom would break down and tell us how hard it was to see him like this.  It made everyone feel helpless.
Since I started the new year with some new resolutions, some of them stayed the same as past years.  Stay healthy.  Continue to workout.  Be a better daughter to my mom and spend more time with my family.  But I also included to treat myself to at least something new and exciting, once a month.  I was already getting the winter blues.  I needed to spice things up for a minute, and that's when Sam Smith came into town.  Best thing I've done so far in 2015! 
But as the month of January was closing, one of my good friends wanted to have a big birthday bash to also spice things up.  We joke that her birthday is in the dead of winter, but I like her spirit in planning a birthday party.  She decided to have it at Drumbar which is located at the Rafaello Hotel. 
I wore a purple lace dress with black tights and heels to the party.  I have the dress in black (which I wore on New Year's Eve) and loved it so much I got it in purple.  I'm not big on dresses.  I have to REALLY like a dress in order to buy one.  I've definitely rotated my dresses over the years, and have always taken great care of them because they've lasted so long.  I take care of my things.
Anyway, the birthday girl treated herself to a bright green BCBG dress and was the belle of the ball.  I loved seeing all of my friends.  It was fun.  It was also freezing that night, but it was nice to have such a great turn out for a January party.  We drank well and danced around and had a blast.  I've made some wonderful memories that night, trust me.  lol




 

No comments:

Post a Comment