Sunday, September 14, 2014

FESTIVAL FEVER!!!

I just came back from beautiful Italy!!!  It was a last minute trip but I'm so happy I got a chance to go out there.  I have never flown overseas, so I was super nervous.  I visited 16 towns in less than 10 days!  Unbelievable!  It's funny because I was on vacation yet I never truly relaxed.  I was on cloud 9 and couldn't wait to see the next new town.  But now that I'm back home, the rituals of my daily activities took over, and  it's cold here in Chicago. 

Now that my life has returned back to normal, people are gearing up to go to the Riot Fest this weekend.  I'm jelly!  I LOVE music festivals, and it made me think about the last one I attended earlier in August, which was Lollapalooza.  First of all, I always think it's funny how fashion editorials have picked up on the music festival scene.  Especially when they focus on unrealistic fashion spreads!  lol.  Trust me, I would love to wear a white cotton top with my lace up sandals and expensive fringe bag but being out in the crowd of sweaty drunken music goers, that's not going to happen.  I like to take care of my clothes, and dancing in a field of dirt makes you compromise your wardrobe.  Lollapalooza has a reputation of always getting rained on, so eventually the dirt turns into mud.  Now you have mud on your white cotton top and lace up sandals, and believe me mud is hard to wash out.  I try to be realistic when it comes to wearing clothes for an outdoor festival because the weather is ALWAYS a factor.  For this year's Lollapalooza, I opted for graphic tees and denim cutoffs with my converse high tops.  I like to keep my toes covered in an environment that has a mosh pit break out every so often.  I NEVER wear cute little sundresses aka boho chic because it's not called for.  You want to break out and get loose and trust me, looking too pretty won't help you here.  If you do happen to shell out thousands of dollars for a cabana, then maybe you could look the part since you probably won't be in the crowd like the rest of us, but that's the fun part of music festivals is the interaction with one another.  Regardless, for the people who are heading out to Riot Fest, good luck with the cold and dress accordingly since the evenings has dropped to the 40s.  As for me, I'll cherish the memories until next summer...      

Day 1

Day 2

Brought out the kids for Day 3

A field covered in mud...


No comments:

Post a Comment