Friday, September 19, 2014

Seasons Change...

Now that we're approaching Fall, the weather has been all over the place.  Temperatures have dropped in the low 50s but the forecast is calling for high 70s by this weekend!  It's hard to figure out what to pull out of your closet when one day it's a sweater and boots and the next day it's back to sandals.  Right before I headed out to Italy, I went to a house warming party where I had trouble on figuring out what to wear.  For the most part, black jeans is usually a Fall staple, and I successfully avoided pulling mine out this whole summer.  But my favorite blue skinnies have a hole in them, and I'm without a pair until I find some new ones.  You know Fall has officially arrived when retail stores promote their new denim for back-to-school.  I can't wait to see the new styles that are out!

Regardless, I pulled out my black skinnies and from then on my whole outfit consisted of dark colors.  Black denim is the easiest way to dress up an outfit, sometimes a little too much.  I felt very rocker chic.  But as you can tell, the in-between seasons had everyone dressed differently at the party.  I bought my Tart silk button down off Rue La La and since it's sheer, I was pretty comfortable pairing it up with my sandals.  One thing about house parties, it can get pretty warm in there!  We hopped around afterwards, and since it cooled down in the evening, I wasn't cold at all.  I'm glad I didn't wear shorts because I knew it would have been too nippy for me.  I HATE BEING COLD!!!  People ususally complain when it's too hot and I completely understand, especially when it involves getting sweaty and sticky.  But having goose bumps is one of my major pet peeves.  THAT'S when I'm uncomfortable.  That's when I'm miserable.  That's when I'm unhappy. 







No comments:

Post a Comment