Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Birthday Season has arrived!!


It's that time of year for me when most of my friends' birthdays fall back to back til the end of December.  For the most part over the years I always thought it was pretty funny that people didn't combined birthday celebrations together.  But I came to the conclusion that everyone wants one day to themselves to celebrate being awesome!  lol.  One of the last birthday parties I attended before I headed out to Italy was a bbq.  And who doesn't love a good bbq?  It was still pretty hot outside, so I wore my dressy black shorts with a charteuse sleeveless button down.  I have olive skin and finding colors to match my complexion can be a hassle.  Although I cannot wear yellow (it makes me look sick for some reason), charteuse plays up well against me.  I think it's because it has hints of green.  My golden rule for colors is if you look at yourself in the mirror and question whether or not a color is for you, then most likely it's not.  An outfit should come together, but sometimes we start raising questions wondering if something looks "off".  If you do that, then your initial hunch is telling you it's not.  We had a blast at the bbq.  And now that we're in Virgo going into Libra season, I need to pull some outfits together since everyone has a different idea on how to celebrate their birthday.  Coming back from Italy has me in a tight budget for now, so I need to look in my closet and see what I got.  The good old days when shopping every weekend was a must have dwindled down to this.  It sucks to be responsible but somebody's got to do it!  
My signature flamingo pose.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment