Saturday, September 27, 2014

12 Hours Non Stop!

Someone at The Big Party had mentioned rain on Monday, and now it was Saturday morning.  Me and my girl figured let's make it to the beach so we can get some sun in.  She figured out a route where we can also hit up some towns that had a good shopping district.  She had a baptism next week and was looking for a dress to wear.  We packed up a bag and threw in some clothes to wear out and away we went.  Our 1st destination was 2 hours away and it was already 12pm.  We should have left earlier but our night out wore us out.  Unfortunately, our drive started to catch up to us, and by the time we found our town, we were starving for lunch.  We knew the beach was nearby, but couldn't see it right away until we drove over this little bridge.  We noticed that people kept looking at this certain direction, and then it hit us like a ton of bricks.  It was one of the most beautiful sites I've EVER seen!  The sea, surrounded by rocks and white town homes.  We finally arrived to Polignano a Mare!
We quickly found parking and made our way below to the beach.  But with the sun hitting hard and us with an appetite, we figured we needed to eat 1st.  Luckily the beach had a restaurant, and we devoured ourselves to another all-you-can-eat-buffet.  We then changed into our bikinis and found a spot to lay on.  First of all, this was no ordinary "beach".  There was no sand.  In place were rocks, and trust me, it was uncomfortable!  We made the most of it regardless.  Italians LOVE to tan.  In fact, they can spend hours on the beach.  As for us, we only spent one good hour underneath the hot sun.  We decided to go to our next spot, but I will say, Polignano a Mare took my breath away!  It is gorgeous. 
Before we drove out, we had some gelato to cool ourselves off.  And I concur!  Italians know how to make gelato!  It was so yummy.
To change things up a bit, my girl drove to a small little town called Alberobello.  We headed to the central district where the Trulli houses were.  This village is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage site, and rightfully so.  This unique area is over 600 years old!  We walked around took a ton of pictures.  What I liked as well were the souvenir shops inside the homes.  I bought some cool stuff, along with my favorite item I got, a map of Puglia! 
On to the next, and this time we went to the city of Bari.  My girl really wanted to hit up some shops, but we were out of luck looking for a dress to wear to this baptism.  This metropolitan city had a retail shopping district, both high end and low.  I did manage to buy 2 tops, and she got a hot dress to wear out to dinner.  I changed as well, and slipped into my wedges again.  It was time for dinner and my friend wanted to go to one of her favorite restaurants.
We drove to the nearby town of Trani, and I fell in love again!  This port town is so pretty at night!  We walked around in the Marina and found the infamous restaurant La Banchina Osteria.  I ate like a queen once more.  We ordered a "Fruits of the Sea" platter and indulged in some tasty treats.  Everything was delish!  The hardest part for us was the drive back, especially after we had a huge dinner.  We got back into town and headed to the winery again, but this time for a private birthday party.  A friend had rented the space to celebrate his son's birthday.  He was turning 18 and had invited all his friends.  They were having a lively time, but by then me and my friend were exhausted!  We were all over the place for 12 hours non stop!  I did manage to dance for a little bit, but luckily we left before the party died down.   











No comments:

Post a Comment