Thursday, August 21, 2014

Throwback Thursday!!

I am what you call, a camera whore.  No I do not take endless pictures of selfies, but I do like to snap away at whatever is bringing me joy.  Usually it's because, I forget the good times when the bad stuff happens.
It's pretty selfish I know, but I am constantly working on trying to change my attitude for the better.  I now know that I need a mental workout on my thoughts in order to focus on the positive, and remind myself that things aren't as bad as they seem.
For example, a month ago I got tickets to see Beyonce and Jay Z at Soldier field for their On The Run Tour.  When these tickets were available, my friends and I were texting back and forth on whether or not to get them.  Our main concern was which of us 3 can get in the website to purchase them.  Guess who won?  Yup.  Me.  When I realized I got through, I was bombarded by textes to buy them at such and such cost.  Now here's the deal.  I'm not crazy about Beyonce or Jay Z, and that's the honest truth.  Nothing against either one of them, because it's not like I dislike them.  They just don't really do much for me.  So clicking to purchase these pricey tickets was not easy for me.  But my one girlfriend is IN LOVE with the both of them, and I knew she really wanted us to go as a group.  I caved in and clicked to order.
I had my usual pessimistic thoughts afterwards.  We had just purchased Lollapalooza tickets 2 weeks earlier, and these tickets cost just as much as those did!  My main concern was the cost, but then I figured this will be my summer mini vacation since I figured I wasn't going to go anywhere soon.  Due to personal issues,  I got into a rut and was having a hard time trying to enjoy myself.  Before you know it, the day of the concert had arrived.
Of course this tour was the talk of the town!  Rumors were all over the internet that Bey and Jay were heading for divorce.  The anticipation was getting the best of our city, and Chicago was feeding in the frenzy.  I hurried off from work and made my way to Soldier Field, which in fact was a nightmare because the traffic was horrible everywhere.  I decided to wear a bright orange top with a black suit since I figured it might get nippy at night.  This was an outside event in a football field!  The temps barely touched 78 degrees that day, so I dressed appropriately for the weather we were having.  So how was the concert???
It was magnificent!!!  I was completely blown away by everything!  And yes, I fell in love with Beyonce!  She is absolutely beautiful and BAD!  All legs.  And Jay Z had such personality on stage all by himself!  I will never forget this concert.  In the end it was all worth it.  UNTIL...
We got out of Soldier Field.  It was a nightmare getting home.  It took us 2 hours!!!  It wasn't until I saw the pictures that I "reminded" myself what a great show it was.  I was hurting the next day at work (did I mention this was a Thursday night show?)  After I posted my pictures I told myself I would do it all over again!!!
Orange is the new black!
Us at Soldier Field.  We were glowing!!



1 comment:

  1. You are a charming and intelligent woman Evelin and i wish you to always have a beautiful,happy and productive life because you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete