Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Best Friend's Wedding!

As I'm skimming along on how my summer is going so far, I realized how FAST time flies!  Just ONE MONTH ago I attended a wedding for a friend of mine at The National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts in Humbolt Park.  I think what amazes me about this whole experience is that I was present when my friend was proposed to!  She's been "officially" married for one month now.  CRAZY!!!
I use to live with my friend for a couple of years.  She was my roommate, and a good one too.  Basically she was never home, and I sometimes am a homebody.  Regardless, as the years go on, situations like this brings out the WORST in people (namely jealously) but I was truly happy for my friend.  She was marrying a really great guy!  Not to mention, I knew her luck with men in the past and seeing her find her prince charming was bittersweet for me as well. 
Like all weddings, comes the planning, the sorting out details, the STRESS LEVEL of wanting what you want, and agreeing what works out for the two that are involved.  Next thing you know, the BIG DAY is here and you walk down the aisle and do the traditional rituals and then you get to FINALLY RELAX with your friends and family!  Actually relax is an understatement because everyone wants a piece of you.  You see friends from your past and present and catch up in a surreal setting.  I had so much sharing stories of us all getting together back-in-the-day and painting the town red.  You also share your disappointments in life so far, but once a friend, always a friend, and then it's back to the good old days.
I bought my dress back in early June, before the bridal shower.  It wasn't until then when someone mentioned the colors of the wedding, and low and behold, guava was the color of my new cocktail dress.  I figured I'd have enough "time" to look for a new dress, but of course, that never happened, and I had to suck it up on the big day.  Luckily, I wasn't the only one who wore coral, and the bride didn't mind at all. 
Here are some pictures of friends enjoying the day our friend found her prince charming!
      Haven't seen these girls in 10 years!

Posing with ONE of the bridesmaids.  Coral!


Posing with NO bridesmaids!  lol!




THE BRIDE!
Sisters of the bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment