Monday, August 4, 2014

Manic Monday

Well I survived another Lollapalooza weekend.  I sometimes think I'm too old to attend these festivals, but once I'm there, I can't help but have fun!  lol.  Again, my dual personalities has an issue with this, mostly because they're pretty draining.  Physically, you're sometimes on your feet all day and of course, the alcohol consumption does not help.  Back on July 4th weekend I attended the Riverwest Music Festival along Elston avenue.  I decided to wet my feet into the scene with a one day pass.  Chicago gets pretty quiet around the holidays when people head home to visit family.  Not to mention, a majority of people who work in the downtown area come from the suburbs.  That's why it's mostly slow around here except for the true tourists that visit our city.  Since our summer has been mostly wet and cloudy, this day in particular was no different.  It barely reached 79 degrees which is a pretty cool July 4th.  I decided to wear my Fryes (since music festivals are ALWAYS gritty) and ran off to see some cool acts.  I'm glad I brought along my new infinity scarf I picked up at Express from one of their clearance sales.  It warmed me up once the sun went down.  It did rain for a bit, but luckily it was a nice drizzle.  I liked this festival because some of the djs were house and techno, with very little EDM.  The crowd wasn't so young so I didn't feel out of place.  Maybe I'll check it out again next year?  We'll see.  Sometimes a festival gets "too big" and then things get out of hand because of word of mouth or over promoting a venue.

Riverwest Music Festival


No comments:

Post a Comment