Monday, July 9, 2018

Wine Tour: Day Four

In order to get into the “vacation spirit” I’ve been looking at some ideas for my next getaway.  I get a sudden urge of wanderlust whenever I’m on The Blue line.  Seeing people board on with their luggage gets me excited for them!  I miss traveling but I’m planning on booking something in the upcoming weeks.  I need to get out of this rut.  Luckily I’ve been busy with my friends so I haven’t the time to think bad thoughts.  Summer in Chicago is honestly the best time to be here and I’m fortunate to be here.
Back to recapping my trip 2 months ago!!!  I know I’m so bad.  The day after the wedding we assumed we would be able to sleep in late after such an eventful night.  Yeah right.  Our guests next door started ringing the doorbell around 12pm.  Since the bride and groom slept at the venue for their honeymoon night, we had no idea how to open the door.  We luckily found the right key to get the inside door opened but that alone took 20 minutes to figure out.  It was then when our neighbors told us to get ready right away.  We were all heading to a wine tour back at the winery and we didn’t want to be late. 
We quickly got ready and car pooled over to the countryside.  There, other guests were waiting for us.  Someone made some pasta for us to hold us over, and then the bride and groom showed up with paninis.  It was time for the tour and we followed the groom to the wine cellars.  We also had the chance to check out the winery’s vegetable garden.  There we learned the agriculture of this region and why they produce the vegetables that they do.
After the tour, we all car pooled back to the apartment.  The bride’s aunt and uncle stayed behind to catch up on some rest.  We relaxed for a bit until more guests came over.  We decided to have some light bites along with some wine tasting to get us going.  Tonight we were going to head to the center of town to celebrate a saint’s day. 
Once the sun went down we drove up and luckily found parking right away since the whole town was celebrating.  It was a beautiful evening spent with the locals.  We even heard music from an orchestra playing the national anthem.  I loved seeing everyone’s patriotism!  
Our last pit stop was our favorite café for gelato!  What a treat!











No comments:

Post a Comment