Monday, July 16, 2018

Memorial Weekend! Part One

So far I’ve been enjoying my summer.  For the most part I got pretty down after I came back from Italy, and my birthday creeping up on me in June did not help my mood.  But I started to feel more myself once I focused my attention on other things.  I’ve been reading “Less is More” by Goldian VandenBroeck and got into the World Cup tournament.  Now that it’s over, I’m looking forward to planning my next trip out of Chicago, and to finish catching up on the blog.  Time to recap Memorial Weekend!  Lol.
Like I mentioned earlier, I was in a funky mood once I returned from Italy.  The annual house party at Millennium Park was taking place the Saturday following up to Memorial Day.  I’ve enjoyed this festival in the past and knew I didn’t want to miss this.  Plus, dancing to good music ALWAYS puts me in a good mood.  I needed to do this!
Luckily my little brother was available to accompany me.  We made our way down there late afternoon and caught a few sets before heading home.  I was not up for clubbing whatsoever, but I did get my dancing fix in.  I love watching people enjoy themselves.  It automatically lifts my spirits and I found myself smiling at everyone.  My brother loved it as well.  This was his first time being there and he thought it was amazing.  For putting on a free festival, Chicago knows how to do it right!


My souvenir t-shirt from Rome 







No comments:

Post a Comment