Thursday, July 19, 2018

Spring Awakening 2018

The following weekend in June me and my brother attended Spring Awakening.  This festival used to be held at Soldier Field but has moved to Addams/ Medill Park.  During the weeks leading up to the fest, me and my brother were having trouble trying to figure out which day to go.  I knew I could not leave much early on Friday from work and Sunday was out of the question.  I had to work by myself the following Monday and that would be a lot for me.  The only day left was Saturday, which disappointed my brother.  He wanted to see a dj on Sunday but that was going to be difficult.  In the end it didn’t matter because we both had a blast. 
My friend was also going to be there with some friends.  We ended up meeting her with her group.  That weekend in particular the weather was acting up.  Chicago started to have A LOT of rain, and it affected Friday’s show.  Luckily it was passing showers, so the field wasn’t too muddy when we arrived.  I wore my studded boots because the temperature reached in the high 70s, but with the sun hitting hard, I was working up a sweat!  Oh well, what can you do?  At least I wasn’t cold (which I hate even more).  In the end we all hung out at the same stage because we loved the djs there more than the other stages, but we all had a blast.  I was pretty pooped out the rest of the weekend.  I  had a friend in town and I ended up seeing her on Sunday.  I miss my old friends.  I wish we could all live near one another.  















No comments:

Post a Comment