Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Memorial Weekend! Part Two

The Sunday during Memorial Weekend my friend was throwing a BBQ at her new house.  They had purchased their building the summer before, so it was interesting to see what new renovations have come along.  Luckily, they pulled out a tree from their yard in time for the BBQ.  They found out the tree was the culprit behind some problems in their basement, plus they felt it used up a lot of space in general. 
That day in particular happened to be very hot indeed.  The temperature reached up to the low 90s.  I wore a tissue thin tee along with my crop shorts.  As I’m getting older sometimes I feel silly wearing short shorts but when it’s that hot outside, you don’t really care what people think. 
It was nice seeing my friends.  They were also very supportive about the incident that occurred in Rome.  I hate that I have to second-guess myself but that’s what Life does to you.  You try to do your best and when situations make you question everything you end up taking a step back to reflect.  As they say, sometimes things happen for a reason, and I want to be able to learn from this.  Have you learned any life lessons along the way?  I’m always curious to see what other people have figured out in this crazy game called Life...








No comments:

Post a Comment