Friday, July 27, 2018

Taste of Randolph Fest 2018

Well it’s official.  I booked my next trip.  Unfortunately it won’t be a new destination.  I’ll reveal it in later posts.  For now, I have to catch up on the blog!
Following Pride Fest Saturday, it was another hot day in Chicago.  My friends wanted to meet up for Taste of Randolph Fest that Sunday but we opted to go later in the afternoon.  I waited patiently at a nearby restaurant and ordered a margarita until everyone showed up.  I figured it would be more comfortable waiting in there than to wait outside in the scorching sun.  The humidity was unreal!
Once we gathered up all of the troops we headed to the fest.  It was fun catching up with everyone.  It was too hot to eat at the fest, so we mostly drank sangria and micheladas and had some light bites.  A friend of ours was celebrating his birthday at Bottled Blonde and we ended our night in there.  My birthday was right around the corner during that time, and Bottled Blonde made me feel worse about it.  Lol.  That place was too young for me, but at least I did learn that some places are not for me anymore.  Lesson learned…






No comments:

Post a Comment