Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tis the Season for PARTIES!!

Time for another throwback Thursday.  Since I'm still recollecting on December, I didn't realize I attended other parties besides the Holidays.  One of my friends celebrated her birthday at Cafe Iberico for brunch.  This was a fun gathering, mostly because, WHO DOESN'T LOVE CAFE IBERICO??  It has been around since 1992 serving tapas from all over Spain.  I usually take friends that are new to Chicago since you can find something for everyone.  I especially love the mussels and garlic shrimp.  YUMMY!  The sangria is the best in the city too.  We had a great time catching up with everyone.
Birthday flan cake!

Cheese!!
 
Another memorable party was our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!  Our friend usually throws this one every year, but this time it was bitter sweet since she has now moved to sunny California.  We definitely did not want to miss her last farewell to this fun group.  I bought my sweater from Sears, but a lot of people ordered their sweaters on-line.  There are some pretty creative ones, especially the customized versions.  Take a look!
 
My gingerbread cookie Oh Snap! Christmas sweater...

Even Darth Vadar was in the house!

His sweater has an attached teddy bear!

My pregnant friend and her wreath!

Yes these polar bears are doing the naughty!








No comments:

Post a Comment