Monday, May 18, 2015

David Bowie IS

Back in December the Museum of Contemporary Art was having the David Bowie Is exhibit for a limited time only.  Me and my friends decided to make our way down there before the holidays crept up on us.  I'm glad we did.  We went on a Friday night and we had a blast.  Nothing like a night of art, music, and wine to end the work week!  The presentation was a chronicle of David Bowie's career.  I knew of David Bowie's music back in the 80s, but looking at his earlier work and how his style has changed over the years was truly inspiring!  He was a super talented individual, whose career extended into films as well.  I was very impressed with the exhibit, which was very successful in Chicago.  Afterwards, me and my friends decided to head over to Drumbar at the Raffaello Hotel for some cocktails.  My girlfriend decided to have her birthday party here the following month.  We had too much fun dancing around!  I am a lover of the arts and I must do more of this in my life.  Even if I have no one to go with, it shouldn't stop me from doing the things that I enjoy...


David Bowie worked along Alexander McQueen.  I think it's a coincidence I wore my scarf to his exhibit!

No comments:

Post a Comment