Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Girls Night Out...

Since today is Happy Hump Day Wednesday, I thought it would be fun to mention my girls night out back in November.  Don't get me wrong.  There are times where me and my friends like to get together for some drinks to catch up with one another.   But that month in particular, everyone needed to go all out for some much needed fun!  One night in particular, our friend invited us out for a sushi night at Butterfly Sushi.  She had just settled in her new apartment and has been out of the loop for a bit.  Since I hurried on home from work, I switched into jeans and wore my Halloween headpiece AGAIN to spice up my look. lol.This was a nice time to catch up since the upcoming holidays were going to be hectic for everyone.  I wasn't in the mood so much to hangout because my throat was hurting.  The winter of 2014 was definitely not my healthiest.  I was sick 3 times before I finally gave in and went to the doctor.  I tried to ride it out with lots of green tea but it was kicking my butt.  Regardless, I went along and had a good time.  We ended up down the street at The Dawson for some cocktails afterwards. 
 I LOVE my friend's fur vest from Argentina!

Once Thanksgiving was over, Black Friday was the talk of the town.  I opted NOT to join in the madness and do some online shopping instead.  I usually find pretty good deals.  Regardless, in the nightlife scene, this weekend is a difficult one because a lot of people are either out of town or spending time with family.  What did we do?  We decided to paint the town red!  lol  We figured we could hop around and get a chance to enjoy new venues.  We first started off at the rooftop at The Godfrey Hotel for some drinks and conversation.  Our group of  3 quickly escalated to about 10 in a matter of time.  I had fun running around and meeting new people.  We took a little field trip down to Parliament nightclub and danced the night away!  I also had my first drink of Dom Perignon and I must say, I was impressed!  I'm not a fan of champagne but that was good.. 


We were photo bombed by the bartenders!  Too funny!



Our group is slowly growing...
At Parliament getting silly...
 
The next day our girlfriend was going to entertain her co-workers to a night out.  I was pretty beat from the night before, so I knew I was going to take it easy.  My other friends joined in the festivities, and I was happy to see them.  It's hard to get everyone together in one place.  I told myself that this was the last night of the remaining year that I will wear my Halloween headpiece.  It was time to retire this trendy accessory and save it for another occasion.  But in the meantime, I matched it up with my gold leather pencil skirt and off I went.  We headed to Bevy nightclub for some hip hop and ended up at The Mid for some major EDM.  Cassette was djing, so the place was packed!  Overall, both nights were long and crazy, but I loved every minute of it!  Sometimes the unexpected moments are the most memorable ones...

  



No comments:

Post a Comment