Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Friday the 13th weekend

Hello everyone!  I AM NOW SUPER EXCITED!!!  The countdown to my next adventure begins today!  T-minus 16 days until I board another plane (ok nerves are slowly creeping in) to head back to Italy.  I’ve been in contact with my friend more frequently to brainstorm some ideas, but other than that, I think we got enough information on what’s ahead.  I have yet to talk to the girl I will be meeting up with in Rome but she was busy this past weekend.  No worries.  In the meantime I have to buy another carry-on luggage for this trip.  The wheels on my suitcase have practically disintegrated.  So much for cobblestone roads!
Back to recapping my events.  The following weekend was Friday the 13th, and although I try not to step out on bad luck days, a friend asked to meet him up for a cocktail at Latinicityafter work.  I’ve been curious to see what he’s been up to and how his new restaurant is coming along.  He will be opening up another location soon and I wanted to hear the details.  He was super helpful loaning out his area when we threw that baby shower a while back.  Luckily he was doing well and we got a chance to catch up.

Happy Hour at Latinicity 


The next day my little brother had tickets for a comedy show out in Schaumburg.  My older brother and step brother were coming as well.  It was going to be a family affair.  My older brother ended up inviting his girlfriend along and purchased a ticket for her to join us.  We decided on having dinner first at Westwood Tavern before heading to the show.  It was nice to see everyone.
Unfortunately my younger brother forgot to send the email to rsvp and they were not going to honor the tickets.  We had to pay for them at the door.  So much for trying to have a freebie night out!  My older brother and his girlfriend decided to skip the show and we bought out the ticket he had purchased for her.  Now our group dwindled down to 3, but we had a great time anyways.  I would definitely recommend trying to catch a comedy show once in a while.  It dawned on all of us that we probably haven’t laughed like that in ages.  Sometimes the routine of work and home gets the best of us. 

I’ve had this long denim jacket for 14 years!  I’m glad it still fits.


No comments:

Post a Comment