Friday, May 11, 2018

King for a Day!

I am so grateful today is Friday!  I am pooped out.  I had an eventful week and I’m glad it’s almost over.  I am also proud of myself.  I managed to get some things done for my upcoming trip.  It’s nerve wrecking everytime I have to fly out.
Last weekend Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby was going on.  And I didn’t do a thing.  I was not in the mood to deal with overly drunk people.  I skipped out on the day parties and enjoyed my usual Saturday routine.  I cleaned up my apartment, did some French lessons, and read a chapter on a book I’m trying to finish up.  I also had the chance to lay out on my balcony.  I missed being under the sun.
Sunday I had a birthday party to attend to.  My friend’s son was turning one, and she threw a big soiree for him!  He was calm throughout the party despite being around so many people.  We were impressed!  It was nice to see my friends together.  It’s getting harder and harder to catch up with one another.  I had a good time until someone let the yorkies out.  My allergies started right away and I left shortly after.
With all of us moving in different directions and dealing with personal struggles of our own, I think the importance of being kind to one another is more important than ever.  I’m stressed out as well and my anxiety is not helping the situation.  The countdown has begun…








No comments:

Post a Comment