Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Journèe Della Femme

Today I fly out to Rome.  I AM SUPER NERVOUS.  My anxiety has crept up on me these past two days.  I am trying my best to remain calm but the butterflies in my stomach won’t stop fluttering.  I am proud that I didn’t feel this way sooner as I have in the past.  I use to get nervous weeks at a time before a trip would come up!  I am aware that this will always be a struggle for me, but I refuse to stop travelling!  The rewards are amazing and I wouldn’t dare do such a thing.  I love it too much.
Last Sunday was Mother’s Day.  My mom was not in the mood to celebrate.  I wasn’t sure what this was about, but I convinced her otherwise to let us take her out for dinner.  She had her reasons but we kept persisting.  We settled on Las Tablas which is a popular restaurant in our neighborhood.  The restaurant was packed when we arrived, and we had to wait to be seated.  I didn’t think it was too bad of a wait but again, my mom was not in the mood.  Not to mention, it was unseasonably cold in Chicago that day.  Regardless, I’m glad we went out as a family.  She enjoyed her soup and seemed ok at the table.  It’s hard to read her sometimes and know what’s really going on.  I asked my brother later on if he knew what that was about, but we concluded that some people are not fond of overly packed restaurants on holidays.  Next time we’ll plan something else.
Wish me luck on my new journey!  I can’t wait to tell you all about it when I get back! 





No comments:

Post a Comment