Tuesday, May 15, 2018

BLVD

My big trip is tomorrow and the nerves are kicking in!  Not to mention, it’s been storming a lot here in Chicago.  Yikes.  My anxiety comes and goes, but I think the fact that I finished up a book about Jesus over the weekend has helped me out a lot.  Think about it.  Anxiety stems from “fear of the unknown” but I’ve learned through reading self-help books and practicing my faith that I have to believe in it as well.  It’s all about trusting yourself that you will be fine.
Easier said than done of course.  Especially when you can counter up endless questions of “what ifs” in your head.  I managed to clean up my apartment and do laundry all weekend and started to pack my luggage.  Our softball game was cancelled due to rain last week.  Softball season officially started the week prior but we lost terribly.  Since our game got rained out, my co-workers decided to walk over to our bar and enjoy the night off.  I decided at the last minute to head out.  I figured I could purchase my new luggage down the street in order for me to pack.  This suitcase is a bit SMALLER than my last one so it will definitely be challenging to get everything inside.  Today I laid out my toiletries on my bathroom counter while I got ready for work.  This has helped me in the past by actually going through my morning ritual and setting everything aside.  Hopefully today I’ll get my belongings IN MY LUGGAGE to finalize my packing, but we’ll see.
Back to recapping my week!  After Sunday’sbirthday party, the week was filled with appointments and obligations.  Tuesday I finally had my dentist appointment.  It was brief but we opted to file my front tooth a bit to smooth out the ridge.  It doesn’t look TOO BAD but I now have one front tooth longer than the other one.  UGH!!
Later that day I made plans to catch up with a friend at BLVD restaurant.  We lucked out with the weather.  It was gorgeous that day.  I had never been to BLVD before, but this place was super fancy!!  I felt underdressed when I walked in.  A gorgeous crystal chandelier draped over the restaurant.  There were no windows to peak out of.  It was very dark inside which made it feel much later than it actually was.  It was a little after 6pm when we walked in, but to me, I thought it was nearing11pm!  Lol.  
Despite the intimidating ambiance, we had a good time.  I love discovering new spots.  My friend really loved the place, but that’s more his style.  He felt the darkness was cozy and intimate.  For me, I haven’t been out in a while, and it was nice catching up over cocktails.  It got my mind off my trip. 











No comments:

Post a Comment