Saturday, April 28, 2018

Made You Look

I’m still trying to play catch up.  For the most part, I’ve been laying low for a bit.  I DID get sick from that weekend I went to the 90s Block Party concert.  I woke up with a sore throat, but didn’t want to miss the show.  The following day, my throat hurt even more.  I went to service for Easter, but came home and nursed myself with hot soup and tea.  Luckily it went away for a few days.  
Nothing eventful happened the first week of April.  I really wanted to stay in the following weekend so I could deep clean the apartment.  With me being away, and then getting sick, my place was in need of a wipe down.  I missed my place.
That Sunday I wanted to see if I could visit the exhibit in Wicker Park of 1979.  MCA museum was promoting the artist Howardena Pindell through this experimental pop up.  I went to church and rushed home to have a quick brunch.  I didn’t want to get there too late since I had dinner plans with my family.  I rushed out of there only to trip and fall on my face.  Literally.  I ended up chipping my front tooth.  It looks horrible!!!  Despite hurting my pride more than anything, I was extra cautious the rest of the day.  I knew in my heart that this could have been much worse, yet I couldn’t help but slow down my stride.  That’s what I get for rushing out of the house, I thought to myself.
I made it to the show but it was a small exhibit.  I did get a free graphic T-shirt which made my day.  I got a chance to spend the rest of the afternoon window shopping in Wicker before I headed back home.  It killed some time before I met up with my dad’s family again for dinner.
This time, dinner with Dad was more sad than usual.  We were celebrating the birthday of a relative, but she looked pretty miserable.  I almost felt the family received some bad news.  Regardless, we all sung happy birthday to her.  Hopefully that made her feel a little better…
In hindsight, that weekend taught me to slow down and not to get worked over my appearance too much.  I have an appointment (finally) next week to see my dentist.  Most people don’t see my chipped tooth right away, but if there’s something my dentist can do, I’m open to hearing some options.  Until next time.  











No comments:

Post a Comment