Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Milano giorno due!

I’m recapping my trip in Milano!  Believe it or not, I will be going back shortly to Italy again, and I am very excited!!!  This time I will be meeting up with some friends in Rome.  This will be a different trip for me, since the last few times I’ve traveled I’ve been on my own.  I am already jotting down new restaurants and shops to look into.  I can’t wait!
Back to day two in Milano.  Me and my friend woke up and got ready.  We had an appointment to go to, and luckily it was moved up to an earlier time.  We decided to get that out of the way first.  Once we were finished, we made our way back to Milano.  My friend wanted to go back to the Chanel counter to exchange some makeup she bought the night before, so we went to Rinascente again.  We shopped around some more at the Galleria Vittoro Emanuele, and I found my souvenir T-shirt of Milan.  I am getting in the habit of looking for souvenirs more often because I love to see what cities have to offer. 
I had a craving of gelato and finally got the chance to have some, but I didn’t want to spoil my appetite.  We had dinner plans again.  This time my friend suggested sushi and I was down for it.  Once we finished shopping around we decided to go to a nearby shopping mall to look at some jewelry.  A side note:  Italians prefer 18K gold than 14K.
We went back home to get ready.  I bought a cute button down blouse from Other Stories and wore my black skinny jeans with studded ankle boots.  My friend wore her new black suede ankle boots and a white silk tunic with black leggings.  I wish I would master the-art-of-walking-in-heels in Italy, but it’s impossible for me. 
We went to the Navigli neighborhood and looked for sushi restaurants.  We decided to have a cocktail beforehand and found a cute bar to kill some time.  This bar had a menu of cocktails based on your horoscope sign! 
We settled on Temakinho sushi restaurant and it was delish.  We were seated by the chefs and got the chance to see how they prepared the food.  It was very entertaining!
Afterwards we took a brisk walk over to Gin 012 and had more cocktails.  Considering it was a Monday night, the usually lively neighborhood was pretty quiet that night.  We also assumed the weather had a factor in it as well.  It was cold that night!















No comments:

Post a Comment