Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Chicago 90s Block Party

I jumped into work once I got back from my trip.  Despite seeing my Dad and his family on Saturday, my mom wanted me to come by on Sunday.  I got a chance to give her the souvenirs I picked up for her.  She loved my gifts.
Work came and went but I was already pooped out from not resting much.  I wanted to do laundry but my friend reminded me that she got tickets for us for Chicago 90s block party at Wintrust.  I’ve never been to that venue.
I woke up with a sore throat, but I knew I didn’t want to blow off my friend.  I quickly came home and changed into my Aaliyah t-shirt.  This was the perfect place to wear it!  Lol
I took the blue line down to Jackson and jumped in a cab right away.  Both of us were running late.  I felt bad because I didn’t want to miss any of the show.  Luckily I got there before the line to get inside was long.  It seemed that my friend was running super behind so I went to get a glass of wine at the bar.
My friend bought tickets right smack in the middle on ground level.  I made it to my seat and waited for her to come.  Faith Evans was off the hook!  She looked beautiful.
Up next was SWV.  It was amazing seeing them after so many years.  They were huge when I was in school!  My friend finally showed up and we danced the night away.  112 and Jagged Edge blew us away, and Teddy Riley sang all of his hits afterwards.
They finished the concert with Guy.  The crowd would not stay in their seats.  It was a night of non-stop dancing.  I decided to hang out with my friend at her place and told her the details of my trip.  I needed this girl time.




No comments:

Post a Comment