Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Paris jour un!

I slept in longer than I anticipated.  Some friends of mine were checking in on me and I was messaging back pretty late.  Of course I missed most of the complimentary breakfast, but I settled on toast with jam.  I went back to my room and took my time getting ready.  Today on the agenda was the Picasso Museum.  I was bummed when I realized how far I was from there.  Another hour and a half commute!!  Where the hell am I again??
First I had to take a tram (my first in Paris) to get to the train station.  I have to admit, I loved the ride very much.   It runs through streets and neighborhoods and you get to see things you might miss on the train.  Then I had to ride the metro for 11 stops before transferring into another line and riding that for 10 more stops.  This was beginning to weigh me down.  I finally got to the museum around 3:30pm and it closes at 5pm.  I hate this.
Luckily inside it resembled more of a spacious gallery than a museum.  It was easy to navigate between the rooms.  I loved being able to examine each painting without a crowd surrounding me.  I felt very humbled seeing Picasso’s work throughout the years.  He was truly gifted.  You witness the changes in his art slowly progress into cubism.  I left the museum on cloud 9.
I had to go to the Supreme store (which was nearby) to pick up a cap for a co-worker.  He got very excited knowing I was traveling through Paris again and asked me if I could do that favor for him.  I didn’t mind, plus it gave me the chance to see this hyped brand myself.  I was very impressed.  I took pictures of the caps on display and messaged back to him which one did he want me to purchase for him.  When I left the store, I noticed a group of young boys mumbling as I walked by with the supreme shopping bag.  They whispered some more before finally yelling out to me, “Ay!!!  Where’s the store??”  They scared me when they did that and I told them they were heading to the right direction.  Geez this shopping bag surely grabs people’s attention.  I grew nervous knowing I had to commute all the way back to my hotel with such a noticeable known brand. 
I figured I still had some time to check out the Opera Granier before heading back.  I wanted to do an inside tour but of course, with no explanation whatsoever, there was a sign outside that said “No Tours Today.”  UGH!!!  Now what?  I realized I was near the Gallerie Layfette shopping center and decided to go inside.  What a gorgeous department store!!!  It was truly beautiful!
Unfortunately my friend could not meet me up for a cocktail again, so I figured I would go back to the hotel.  It was now nearing 7pm and I knew I had ways to go.  By the time I was at my hotel area, I went to a Japanese restaurant nearby and ordered takeout to take back to my room.  I absolutely devoured my dinner and had a glass of wine as well.  I was pooped.






















No comments:

Post a Comment