Friday, March 10, 2017

Chus & Ceballos

I’m still not done recapping the month of February.  Looking back, I did not think I did so much, but technically, our winter was pretty tame this year.  It started to warm up mid month and Chicagoans took advantage of this opportunity!  Lol.  Earlier in January, I saw that the dj duo Chus & Ceballos was going to be in town.  They’ve been on my radar for a while and I am constantly listening to their podcast series.  They are originally from Spain and travel globally to perform, but FINALLY they were coming to Chicago!  I bought my tickets right away and was looking forward to see them live.
I found out as the weeks went by that a birthday party that was intended for that weekend Sunday was now changed to a day earlier.  UGH!  I wanted to make the most of my night out, since I knew I wanted to hear them til the very end.  But since they were performing on Friday, I had to be conscious of my time because I had to be up early in the morning the next day.  Oh well.  What can you do?
Since I had worked early that morning for work, I went home to take a disco nap before getting ready for my night out.  I had invited some friends to see them with me, but no one was around.  I have gotten use to going to these shows by myself since none of my friends really like them very much.  They feel the crowd  might be “too crazy” or they feel “too old”.  Whatever!  I love dance music and enjoy watching the crowd respond to a good dj.
Earlier that day I received a text from some friends.  They were going to attend an art show in the Gold Coast.  Coincidentally Primary Night Club is also located in the Gold Coast.  I figured I would attend the show and spend time with my friends before making my way to the club.  I knew that Chus & Ceballos probably wouldn’t be on til much later but the weather was so nice that night.  I had a feeling Chicago was going to be busy downtown.
I met up with my friends at the art show and we had a good time catching up with everyone.  They don’t usually don’t step out much so it was nice seeing them besides a family event.  Lol.  Once the show was finished they wanted to go home right away.  I wasn’t successful trying to persuade them to stay out longer.  I stopped by Public House to have a cocktail before the show started.  I have to admit, I’m getting a little old for this.  I was SUPER TIRED but finally they came on and they were awesome!!  I miss dancing to good music.  Luckily a friend was there so we hungout together.  I have gone to festivals with him and his girlfriend since we have the same taste in music.  In the end, I DO have to admit, you have to like this kind of stuff in order to truly enjoy a dj set.  






No comments:

Post a Comment