Wednesday, March 15, 2017

2 Fun Chinese and Ronero

Well today’s the day!  I fly off to Amsterdam in the evening.  As usual, I’m super nervous, but since I will be working today, I feel it will help me get my mind off the flight.  We’ve had a ton of snow hit us these past two days, so hopefully my trip will still be on time tonight.  If not, what can you do?

I’m still recapping February even though stuff mostly happened on the weekends.  I will say that because our weather was all over the place this winter, I took advantage of the nice days by running in the park, or hanging out with my friends.  The day after our friend’s son’s birthday party me and my friends hung out in Wicker Park.  Afterwards we went to a house party to play Cards Against Humanity.  It was nice catching up with everyone.  Normally a winter in Chicago will have you hibernating till April.  Lol

The following weekend a friend was coming in for a conference.  The weather dipped into the high 40s, but it was still bearable.  On Friday we got our crew together to meet at 2 Fun Chinese restaurant on Randolph as our first stop.  To top it off, one of our friends that we made in Miami was in town as well!  It was nice seeing her again.

We took our little field trip down the street to checkout Ronero.  That place was bumpin!  Lol.  We started to get loose there and closed the place down at 2am.  We were having too much fun that we decided to hit up a late night spot.  We found ourselves at Disco on Hubbard.  I love that place.  The music is fun!  I love dancing to Rod Stewart and Donna Summer.

The next day was Saturday and the weather took a nose dive into the 20s.  That was a deal breaker.  I ran my errands and took it easy, but me and my friends had made plans to go out again to host our out-of-town friend.  Unfortunately, due to other obligations some people couldn’t make it out.  I was indifferent, but in the end, I took an uber to meet up with him back at Disco.  That place has a lot of action going on, despite it being super cold.  He had a friend with him and we had a good time there.  We went to Key Club across the street to see what was going on but it was too crazy for us.  Sometimes the crowd can be obnoxiously drunk and we were pretty tired by then.

Wish me luck on my new adventure!  I’ll be back next week.  Until next time…





No comments:

Post a Comment