Wednesday, December 14, 2016

November Wedding

I can't believe Christmas is almost here!  I have been mostly looking for stuff to decorate my apartment, but have had no such luck.  I want to be able to LOVE the items, not just fill up some space.  Unfortunately, this season nothing really stands out for me.  Oh well.
Recapping November was difficult, mostly because of the outcome of the election.  I am not afraid to say I voted for HER, but now that things have been moving along, I'm still saddened by the truth of who is our newly elected president is.  I am in disbelief that people actually voted for him in general, and wonder how the opposing party's vision truly stands with my values.  To be honest, my values have always been to live in a world that peacefully resides with one another; where we can be welcomed to visit and learn different customs and cultures.  Never in a million years would I be compelled to feel that people do not matter to me because they think, look, act differently than me.
Is it wrong for me to think that way?
After the election, I felt sick to my stomach and did not do much the following weekend.  I was in a state of shock.  Talking to my mom made me snap back in reality, mostly because I heard how my mother was handling the news of our current situation.  People have developed fear because of this, but I couldn't accept that anymore.  Yes, he may have won this election, but time will truly tell if our country made the right decision or not to appoint him.  In the meantime, all we can do is live our lives and love our friends and family and continue to contribute to society in this country of ours. 
Luckily I had to attend a wedding for a friend of mine the weekend after that.  It was nice to remember what's important to me, which is to celebrate happiness whenever it's around!  I won this dress off ebay early in the year and I finally got a chance to wear it out.  Since this wedding was in the middle of November, it was perfect to wear something heavier and pair it with black opaque tights instead of bare legs.  Everyone had a wonderful time and we stayed out afterwards too!  I am grateful to have been invited and wish my friends the best in their marriage!



Pretty church!


Proud parents...



Loved my dress from BCBG!


Up close...




Everyone LOVED the mariachi band!


The dessert table.  A friend of theirs baked the wedding cake!  Perfect gift to the bride and groom!

Who doesn't love tacos from Big Star?? 
The lovely couple!
Selfie time!
Look how tired I look!  I can't believe I went out after this!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment