Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Mannequin Challenge Accomplished

I can't believe I'm reliving our mannequin challenge back in early November.  lol.  By now we've seen it all on social media.  I think I like the doggy challenges the best.  Too cute!
Tomorrow is my work holiday party.  They decided to throw it on a Thursday instead to see if it will be well attended.  I'll let you know how that turned out.
Anyways, back on World Series Wednesday, everyone at work struggled to come in the following day.  We weren't sure if they were going to hold the Cubs rally that Friday or the upcoming Monday.  Everyone had Cubs fever and we were patiently waiting to hear from the mayor.  Luckily he made the announcement early afternoon.  With little time to spare, we decided to throw a rally viewing party here at the firm.  We've done it before with the Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup.  It's fun because we order food and bring in a flat screen tv so we could watch all the action during lunchtime.  I love that we do this here at work!!  We're proud of our Chicago teams!
The day of the rally we had someone pick up specially made Cubs cookies which were a hit!  We also held a raffle for new Cubs merchandise.  It was amazing to see our team head down to Grant Park.  I had friends that were at the rally and they said it was insane.  So many people showed up to see them.  Our city was glowing with pride.
That evening my friends were still celebrating from being out all day at the rally.  I went home to freshen up and made my way back to Wrigley Field.  The city had blocked off the roads because people wouldn't get off Clark Street.  It turned out to be a big block party with everyone bar hopping from one place to another.  We had a great time.


Friday night after the rally.  Too many people were stopping by to check out the sign.

Bar hopping at Barcelona.

The following day I met up with my friends again in the evening at London House.  They were entertaining a friend who was in town for the rally.  By now everyone was pooped out with all of the Cubs hoopla, but we managed to do our mannequin challenge there at our table.  I loved that we got ours out of the way, although I have to admit, it was pretty fun to do.  If only we had done this at Wrigley Field when the Cubs won the Series...that would have been EPIC!


Decided to play it safe with all black.


I almost forgot about my leopard wedge boots. 

Luckily they let us outside on the rooftop because the weather wasn't too bad.


My friends are too silly.  Gearing up for the mannequin challenge.





No comments:

Post a Comment