Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Magnificent Mile Lights Festival!


The holidays are almost here and of course, I'm not done with my Christmas shopping.  Not to mention, I've been to a couple of holiday/ birthday parties that are catching up to me.  I definitely want to take it easy after this weekend.  I feel bad turning down stuff, but I'm getting too old for this!  Sometimes having fun takes hours away from me and I'm beginning to value my time more.  There is no way I can do everything.  From my last post, I attended a wedding on a Friday.  The next day was the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival on Michigan Avenue.  I had promised my mom we were going to go and check it out.  I need to make some time for her during her retirement.  Her well being is what matters to me.  Although I was exhausted from the night before, we met up and made our way downtown that day. 
I haven't gone to this parade ever.  I was working in retail downtown when they first started to do this many years ago.  Michigan Avenue would get packed from people coming into the city.  Over the years, it has grown to a must-see event for tourists.  I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first, especially because of how cold it was, but in the end, me and my mom had a blast!  lol.  I figured if we did something different once in a while, she wouldn't feel the time pass by so slow.  Her retirement transition is definitely challenging because she was use to working a lot for so many years.  To slow down is hard for some people.  Luckily, if we all pull through as a family, we can make sure she continues to enjoy time out whenever she can.  This city has so much to offer and it's up to us to take advantage of it!    


The openers of the Lights Festival! 








Brought to you by, Harris Bank!







Of course we had to have a Cubs trolley!










Yes it's a giant mitten.  LOL!!




We got a chipmunk here!

Santa on the horizon...

Fallen nutcracker


No comments:

Post a Comment