Friday, March 25, 2016

IT IS FINISHED...

Today is Good Friday.  Despite the worldwide headlines about the Brussels attacks, it's important to be close to our friends and family this holiday weekend.  It's times like these that we should find ways to spread love to one another.  My mom mentioned to me the other night to pray.  "Evil cannot be in the presence of God', she said.  And she's right.  Although I don't mention my religious faith very often, I was raised in a Catholic household until I was about 8-10 years old.  It was then that my mom stopped taking us to church altogether.  During those years, she went through a divorce, which might explain her losing faith altogether.  I didn't put much thought into until I moved out of my mom's house when I was 20 years old.  My first live-in boyfriend was very spiritual, and it was from him that I started to have my religious awakening.
At first, it branched out of astrology, and then literature when I was in college.  Reading up on Socrates and Plato made me look beyond the box of a higher power.  As the years went on, my mom got married again to her 2nd husband, who become involved in a Christian church.  They both attended heavily and although I was skeptical at first, I noticed my mom's demeanor had changed dramatically.  We never had a great relationship in general, but things with her became easier to deal with now that she became a Christian.  Things were looking up.
After my last breakup, I became depressed.  Someone suggested going to church to let God hear me.   I figured why not.  I ran out of options.  I tried therapy and didn't enjoy the sessions.  I knew I had to heal on my own, but it was hard.  I felt completely lost.
Now that I try to have a better connection with God, I see things differently than before.  I am extremely grateful for the things I've discovered about myself and about HIM as well.  Despite someone's beliefs, I feel everyone has the same message for one another.  To Love.  To be kind.  And to make the most of our time here on this earth.
Last Friday, I had dinner again at Union Sushi.  Since I was still observing Lent, we figured sushi was the way to go!  I love that place!  We had a great time, and even got a limo ride that night.  lol.  It was pretty cold so it was nice to cruise in style.  Too bad I couldn't join in on the festivities.  Everyone was going out afterwards, but I headed on home.  I can't wait to see how much money I've saved by the end of this month.  I think I did pretty good!
LOVE the skinny geisha cocktail!  Definitely one of my favs...

Selfie time!

King crab!

The only place I eat oysters...

sashimi

Of course, rolls were involved...

Tried the alligator rib, but I think I broke the Lent rule.  YIKES!

Traveling in style.  Had fun while it lasted before I headed home for curfew.  I'm proud of myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment