Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Let's play ping pong!!

Happy Hump Day!!!  Not much happening with me.  Since that nice Sunday I ran by the lake, the weather took a turn for the worse.  We dipped back into the 30s last week.  People are getting sick.  I did my best to stay low key.  I figured Spring is right around the corner anyways. 
My friend had her baby one week ago today!!  I ended up visiting the happy family both Thursday and Friday.  I'm so happy for them!!  He is truly adorable!  I learned so much for her experience.  Most of my friends are becoming 1st time moms.  Everyone of them have had a different experiences in the delivery room.  It's good to be informed on what happens behind closed doors because I'm pretty new to this.  I really haven't been around children; let alone babies. 
I did meet up with a friend later on that Friday evening.  She was with some friends at Beef and Brandy restaurant on State Street.  Believe it or not, I would pass by the place and thought nothing of it.  It was my first time there and it was pretty busy.  Mostly business corporate crowd, but that was fine by me.  I was dressed down for casual Friday, so I felt comfortable.  lol
It was my first time out in weeks since I gave up staying out late for Lent.  I was home by 10pm, right in time before the snow fell.  I stayed in the rest of the weekend and caught up on my reading.  I'm re-reading Make Money Not Excuses by Jean Chatzky.  I read it a few years ago and figured I could go back and learn some more tips since I'm trying my hardest to save this year.  I'm hoping I can develop good saving habits so I could move past my small term goals to my long term goals.  Bottom line:  I need to get to my end zone so I can prove to myself that I can handle my responsibilities.  Not finishing a goal is conditioning you to fail, and I don't want to do that to myself anymore.  It's not healthy for my mind. 
Since I've been staying low key, last night I ended up meeting my friends for some after work cocktails.  It was 69 degrees outside!!  Unbelievable!!  I love Chicago when it gets warm.  Everyone was out walking around.  I DID miss that feeling of not wearing heavy coats and layers.  It felt great! 
I walked over to Marina Towers at the Tortoise Club where my friends were indulging in $1 oysters.  Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of oysters, but that's a pretty good deal.  They were closing out the tab and wanted to checkout Spin Chicago next door. 
We walked inside and got the details.  Yes, it's Susan Sarandon's ping pong club.  She has 5 locations and from the looks of it, this might be the next hot spot for the upcoming months.  We made our way downstairs to the bar area and enjoyed the action.  Me and my friends couldn't help but get excited about planning a gathering there.  It looks like a lot of fun!!
Regardless, I made it home by 10:30pm.  Not bad on a school night.  lol.  For it being nice outside, I really didn't miss the scene that much.  I think trying to stay in more will make me appreciate the nightlife again when this is over for me.
I LOVE checking out new spots...

They have 30 min and one hour rates...


After work cocktails...

No comments:

Post a Comment