Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pho sure!

Well it seems we dodged another bullet again.  We did not get too much snow as anticipated.  I'm glad because I never got a chance to buy new snow boots this winter.  lol.  Now we're getting reports that next week the temperatures will be back in the 50s.  That's more like it!
Back to my weekend recap.  I ran some errands on Saturday since I knew my friend who was visiting out of town was going to be busy with her sisters.  I was hoping I could have a chance to see her on Sunday, but unfortunately, we just ran out of time.  I feel terrible I haven't gone to visit her sooner.  I need to plan something soon!
I was invited to go out for a run by the lake.  Despite the weather being warm that day, it was super windy again.  Trust me, it get annoying after a while.  I hesitated, but figured I should get back on track with my cardio.  Sure, why not?
Well things didn't work out the way I thought they would.  First of all, I'm soooooo out of shape!  lol.  I had trouble running with the strong wind gust.  Plus my asthma and allergies were getting the best of me.  I got so frustrated because I knew I wasn't pushing myself.  I also worked out on my legs the day before and felt pain everywhere.  Luckily I did walk a lot but I need to slowly build my distance again.  I enjoy running 5ks and this wasn't cutting it.  As the saying goes, little by little.
Afterwards, we were starving, so we headed towards uptown for some pho soup at Tank Noodle.  What a treat!  I ordered the children's pho which was perfect because I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish the regular bowl.  Plus I wanted to have some spring rolls so it worked out fine.  I loved the fact that we didn't indulge in too much food after our run.  The last thing you want to do is mess up a good workout with a heavy meal.
Garnished my pho with mint leaves, slices of jalepenos and bean sprouts.  Topped it off with siracha sauce and it was delish.  Helped clear out my nose since my allergies were acting up.

The spring rolls were generous in size!  Loved the peanut sauce, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment