Thursday, March 24, 2016

A sad time indeed...

I've been MIA these past few weeks due to illness.  Nothing serious, I swear.  Just didn't do much because of it.  I've been suffering silently on my own. 
Obviously the attack in Brussels has brought me down.  What a sad time indeed.  Terrorist attacks are more frequent and horrifying.  What is impossible to imagine becomes possible.  Our fellow man has troubled thoughts and wants people to suffer.  No one wins ever.
Throughout time, we've seen acts of evil over and over again.  As we approach this holiday weekend, I am reminded that evil has existed as far back before biblical times.  Our world has been troubled before, and like all things, we do our best to move forward.  Is it hard to imagine living in a peaceful world?
I believe it CAN be possible.  But then something like this happens again, and my heart breaks.  Yet despite the tragedies, the world does suffer as a whole.  It affects everyone.  I know we can do better.  I know we can love one another.  It's hard especially with the elections taking place here in the U.S.  The ugly truths, the misleading lies.  I have a hard time believing anyone nowadays.   


To recap events leading up to the past few days:
About two weeks ago Chicago celebrated St. Patty's Day with an all weekend celebration.  The annual dying of the Chicago river brings out thousands of people to the downtown area.  Thus, every bar in town had some sort of St. Patrick's Day theme going on.  Regardless, I missed out in the fun.  Prior to that, I've been feeling under the weather.  That day in particular, my head was pounding with yet another migraine.  It could be allergies.  It could be my body is going through some changes.  All I know is that I've been miserable and I hate it.
People around me have been getting sick as well.  It's this crazy weather and it makes everyone vulnerable to colds and viruses.  Not to mention, when you're sick it drains you.  I've had no energy to do anything whatsoever.
I'm doing good with my financial diet!  I can't believe Easter is almost here and Lent will be over soon.  I'm proud to say that my credit cards look better than they did early in the year.  I feel pretty confident with my financial goals. 


I tried my best to smile but I had a migraine while I took this picture.  I never got a chance to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment