Friday, April 17, 2015

My Last Day in Paradise...

On my last day we got up early to sneak in some time to visit Manfredonia.  It's a port town 30 minutes away.  I had to catch a 7pm train back to Rome so I can catch my flight.  We figured we'll go and pick up some seafood for a finite pranzo.  Of course there was another castle there, so I had to check that out.  I will say it's not something you see in the States, so I did want to take advantage of it.  They are amazing in architecture and massive to be around.  You do get morphed into another era.  We headed to the seafood market and picked up some goodies for our lunch.  Once we headed back into town, we decided to visit the town's winery for a quick tour.  Can you believe at this point, I never checked out their wineries in Italy???  So little time for everything!  Unfortunately, due to the rain, their harvest had not yet begun.  Too much rain damages the grapes.  At this point they were ready to begin the harvest but were waiting for things to clear up with the weather.  There had been some flooding throughout Italy as well, with some towns being evacuated because of the dangerous conditions.  That was the unfortunate part of my visit there, so next time I know to head there sooner in the summer than later. 
Back at home, I had my last risotto dish and it was yummy!  I also tried squid for the first time (I liked it!) and afterwards had a quick siesta before I was dropped off at the station.  I cried as I was boarding.  I knew what was waiting for me personally back home and it was not easy for me to realize my life was going to have some changes.  I think all vacations DO make you prioritize your life a little.  How can it not when there's so much to see?












No comments:

Post a Comment