Thursday, November 1, 2018

Labor Day Weekend Monday

I did not go out in the end.  I went home after my mom’s dinner.  My friend went out and had fun with her new friend.  I’m glad.  I bummed out in the morning until I received a text from my other friend who lives down the street from me.  She wanted to throw a mini BBQ at her place.  Nothing big.  I loved that idea!  Grilling on Labor Day!
I got ready since she mentioned to get to her place by 12:30pm.  But once I was ready, I heard something outside.  Yup.  You guessed it.  It started storming again.  These sneaky scattered storms have been playing tricks on us all weekend.  I texted her to let her know I will be over once the storm passes through.  Once it did, I walked over to 7-11 to grab some prosecco for the BBQ. 
She had a friend over who also has kids.  Her twins were playing with my friend’s daughter.  It was fun watching them interact with one another.  My friend would run outside to check on the grill, but at one point she came back drenched.  It was pouring again, and this time it was heavy.  Unfortunately her husband came home from work and found flooding in the basement.  We felt bad because we had no idea something was happening downstairs.  Once the rain passed by me and her friend decided to leave.  We knew they had more important issues to deal with and we didn’t want to be in the way.  This rain was something else!  Regardless, I loved my chicken sandwich!  Lol



No comments:

Post a Comment