Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Hamilton The Musical

I was trying to come up with some ideas for what to do for my mom’s birthday this year.  I wanted to take her to the movies since we haven’t gone in months.  I was looking into “Crazy Rich Asians” when another idea popped up.  I wondered if I could get tickets for Hamilton.  Hamilton has been in Chicago for over a year, with tickets still being high on demand.  My friend convinced me it might be easier to score some now since time has passed.  I looked into but was shocked at the prices!  I have not seen a play in years, but some tickets were close to $400!  I looked and looked and found some seating available on her birthday but we would be seated in two separate rows.  Whenever I tried to purchase something together the prices would skyrocket.  My friend suggested I look at other dates and surprise her with tickets on her birthday inside a card.  I thought about it, but then opted not to since I would still have to come up with something to do on her actual birthday.  I texted my mom right away to see if she had any plans with anyone first before I went ahead to purchase them.  Once she replied no, I got on it and bought the single seated tickets in two different rows.  I told my friend I hope she doesn’t mind sitting in front of me since this is the best that I could do.  Luckily she got very excited when I texted her what I had done.  I had no idea she really wanted to see this show!
On the day of, we met at the train station and rode downtown.  It was pretty cold that day, but it gave me the chance to wear my over the knee boots and new sweater dress I had bought months earlier.  My mom could not stop smiling while we waited in line to get in.  Once inside I decided to order a glass of wine since I didn’t want to miss any of the performance.  My mom was looking over curiously at the concession stand.  I asked her to pick out what she wanted, but she settled on the tour book.  I bought a souvenir t-shirt for myself before we were seated.
The show, as you have heard, is absolutely amazing!  I loved every minute of it and my mom was practically glowing from the whole experience.  I would recommend this to anyone visiting Chicago to check it out.  The music alone gives you chills!








No comments:

Post a Comment