Monday, October 29, 2018

Labor Day Weekend Saturday

Not only were our friends from North Carolina in town.  My good friend from Rhode Island showed up as well.  She let me know a few days beforehand that she was flying in.  She wanted to catch up with some friends in Chicago and was hoping a rooftop would be included.  But the clouds looked a bit funny, and since it rained the night before, we weren’t sure what was going to happen.  We waited patiently until we decided to risk it.  She came by and picked me up and we headed over to Wicker Park.  I insisted for us to uber it over there but she wanted to drive.  Regardless, that set off my nerves and my anxiety took over.  I wanted to get over it, but my guard was up the rest of the night.  
She had looked up Tricycle Chicago and wanted to eat there before heading to The Robey Hotel.  Luckily her friends showed up the same time we did.  It was an adorable pub and everyone ordered some appetizers.  It was nice catching up with her.  I miss her a lot.
We walked over to The Robey Hotel but the rooftop was at capacity.  They suggested we have a drink at the Cabana Club while we waited.  It was also a rooftop lounge (but not the penthouse) so we were outside regardless.  We were having a good time.  At one point we checked on the status of the penthouse lounge but they were still at capacity.  What can you do?  Better luck next time…





No comments:

Post a Comment