Saturday, October 27, 2018

Labor Day Weekend Friday

I can’t believe I’m recapping Labor Day Weekend when Halloween weekend is approaching.  I’ve been a little swamped with work and just plain overtired.  Not to mention, I’ve been very anxious with what’s been going on with the news lately.  To top it off, these past few weeks have been weighing heavy on me with the anniversaries of two people I knew that passed away a year ago.  It was honestly one of the worst times I’ve experienced and it still affects me now.
As a result, I did something spontaneous.  Yes, I booked another trip.  This time I’m heading to the Big Apple and I can’t wait.  I have not been in New York in over 10 years and I’m excited to see what’s new.  I won’t be there that long, but long enough to clear my head and take myself out of my comfort zone.  Sometimes a great challenge is what you need to push yourself out of a funk.
Back to recapping Labor Day Weekend!  That Friday after work I remembered how excited I was to see my friends who flew in from out of town.  We started messaging each other to see where we could meet up.  Our friend was going to watch the AVP pro volleyball tournament at Oak Street Beach, and since it was a beautiful day, we decided to meet there.  Although I am not into sports, it was exciting to watch Olympians play and compete in the tournament.  We had the opportunity to watch a couple of sets before it ended.
We wanted to grab some grub since we were starving.  It was early in the evening, but the streets of Chicago had bumper to bumper traffic.  We walked over to Rush Street and were surprised to see how busy it was.  We settled on Velvet Taco,despite the long lines.  It was delish!
Afterwards, we wanted to have some cocktails.  Our group has never been to Devereaux’s rooftop before and there was no line to get in.  What a sweet surprise!  This cozy rooftop even had a mini swimming pool outside.  We were enjoying our short time there until a gush of water fell on top of us!  No one saw this coming.  I was convinced someone was pulling a prank by throwing water balloons outside their hotel room, but that was not the case.  A HUGE storm literally came out of nowhere and it was pouring heavily.  Everyone outside ran into the interior area.  Some of the women were dressed to the nines and we’re now soaking wet.  It was pretty funny actually.
I was suffering a migraine on and off that day, so I wasn’t quite myself.  But it was fun dancing with everyone to old school 90s music.  What a fun night!









No comments:

Post a Comment